Sunday, September 30, 2012

Each Family is Unique... mostly

This week in classes we talked about roles in our families. While reading an article for one of the homework assignments I came across a paragraph that totally described my family. This article talks about family roles that the children fall into. This paragraph described children's roles in the family. The oldest is the "hero." I had to laugh when I read this because my older brother is totally the hero. The article talks about how they have it all together, this is often a stressful role but has many rewards. The second child is the delinquent. I wouldn't call my sister a delinquent, but I think as a teenager she was difficult at times. The third child is the invisible child. That would be me. I'm not invisible, but I often keep a low profile, like the article says. The last child is the clown. I also laughed at this one because my little brother is the clown. He cracks jokes all the time and uses humor a lot. While my family plays these roles in our own unique ways, we do fall into these roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment